Janet M. Roveda
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Professor of Biomedical Engineering
|Janet M. Wang-Roveda is an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Arizona in Tucson. She received her M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences from the University of California, Berkeley in 1998 and 2000, respectively. She was a recipient of the NSF career award and the Presidential Early Achievement Award for Science and Engineering at White House in 2005 and 2006, respectively. She was the recipient of the 2008 R. Newton Graduate Research Award from the EDA community, and the 2007 USS University of Arizona Outstanding Achievement Award. She received the best paper award in journal of clean energy in 2013, ISQED 2010 as well as best paper nominations in ASPDAC 2010, ICCAD 2007, and ISQED 2005. Her primary research interests focus on robust VLSI circuit design, biomedical instrument design, Smart grid, VLSI circuit modeling/design and analysis, and low power multi-core system design. She has over 120 publications.|
ECE 351C (Spring 2017)
ECE 351C (Fall 2016)
ECE 351C (Spring 2016)
ECE 392 (Fall 2020)
Digital Vlsi Sys Design
ECE 407 (Spring 2021)
ECE 407 (Spring 2020)
ECE 407 (Spring 2019)
ECE 507 (Spring 2021)
ECE 507 (Spring 2020)
ECE 507 (Spring 2019)
Analog Integrated Ckts
ECE 450 (Fall 2021)
ECE 450 (Fall 2020)
ECE 450 (Fall 2019)
ECE 550 (Fall 2021)
ECE 550 (Fall 2020)
ECE 550 (Fall 2019)
Meas&Data Anls Bio Eng
BME 517 (Spring 2020)
ECE 517 (Spring 2020)
ECE 599 (Spring 2018)
ECE 699 (Spring 2017)
BME 693A (Summer I 2020)
BME 900 (Fall 2020)
ECE 900 (Spring 2019)
ECE 900 (Spring 2018)
ECE 900 (Spring 2017)
ECE 900 (Fall 2016)
ECE 900 (Summer I 2016)
ECE 900 (Spring 2016)
ECE 910 (Fall 2020)
ECE 910 (Spring 2020)
ECE 910 (Fall 2017)
BME 920 (Fall 2021)
BME 920 (Spring 2021)
ECE 920 (Spring 2021)
ECE 920 (Spring 2020)
ECE 920 (Fall 2019)
ECE 920 (Spring 2019)
ECE 920 (Fall 2018)
ECE 920 (Spring 2018)
ECE 920 (Fall 2017)
ECE 920 (Spring 2017)
ECE 920 (Spring 2016)
- Roveda, J. M., Powers, L. S., & Ren, K. (2016). Pervasive Computing in Hospital. In Pervasive Computing in Medicine.
- Li, A., Chen, S., Quan, S. F., Silva, G., Acherman, C., Powers, L. S., Roveda, J. M., & Perfect, M. (2019). Sleep Patterns and Sleep Deprivation Recorded by Actigraphy in 4th-Grade and 5th Grade Students. Sleep Medicine, 191-199.
- Li, A., Chen, S., Quan, S., Powers, L., & Roveda, J. M. (2019). A Deep Learning-based Algorithm for Detection of Cortical Arousal During Sleep. Sleep.
- Roveda, J. M., Chen, S., Li, A., & Powers, L. (2019). The potential capability of deep learning in cardiac arrhythmia classification. Journal of Diagnostic Techniques and Biomedical Analysis.
- Chen, K., Powers, L. S., & Roveda, J. M. (2018). Noise-Invariant Component Analysis for Wearable Sensor based Electrocardiogram Monitoring System. SMJ Biomed Eng.
- Jeroh, O. E., Powers, L. S., & Roveda, J. M. (2018). Determination of Stress in Humans using Data Fusion of Off-the-Shelf Wearable Sensors Data for Electrocardiogram and Galvanic Skin Response. Journal of Biomedical Sciences. doi:10.4172/2254-609X.100090
- Roveda, J. M., Powers, L. S., Smith, H. D., Kilungo, A. P., Ellis Jr, W., McKay, C. P., & Bonaccorsi, R. (2018). In situ Real-time Quantification of Microbial Communities: Applications to Cold and Dry Volcanic Habitats. Global Ecology and Conservation.
- Li, A., Quan, S., Silva, G. E., Perfect, M., & Roveda, J. M. (2017). A Novel Artificial Neural Network Based Sleep Disordered Breathing. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine.
- Roveda, J. M., Chen, K. M., & Powers, L. S. (2017). Sweet Dreams: Review of a Sleep Tracking Framework. International Journal of Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2.
- Fink, W., Roveda, J. M., Kincade, A. M., White, J. L., Wangusi, T. W., & TF, M. F. (2016). Self-Powering and Geo-Tagging Method for Pipeline Inspection Gauges to Enable Continuous High-Quality Data- Recording. Journal of Pipeline Engineering.
- Roveda, J. M., & Powers, L. S. (2015). Compressive Sensing: Real-Time Data Acquisition and Analysis for Biosensors and Biomedical Instrumentation (invited editorial article). Journal of Biosensors, 2015.
- Subramaniam, A., Roveda, J. M., & Cao, Y. K. (2015). A Finite-Point Method for Efficient Gate Characterization under Multiple Input Switching. ACM Trans. Design Automation of Electronic System.
- Sun, J., Gupta, P., Talarico, C., & Roveda, J. M. (2015). Budget Uncertainty based Mixed Signal Design Using Conic Algorithms. ACM Trans. Design Automation of Electronic System, 2015.
- Sun, J., He, Z., & Roveda, J. M. (2015). Surrogating Circuit Design Solutions with Robustness Metrics. VLSI Journal, Elsevier, 2015.
- Talarico, n., Agarwal, G., & Roveda, J. M. (2015). Design Optimization of a Transimpedance Amplifier for a Fiber Optic Receiver. Circuits, Systems & Signal Processing, Springer, 34, 2785-2800.
- Muchherla, K. K., Kumar, J. G., & Roveda, J. M. (2014). Cluster based dynamic area-array I/O planning for flip chip technology. Microelectronic Engineering, 114, 57--69.
- Chen, K., Zhang, N., Powers, L., & Roveda, J. M. (2019, Spring). Cell Nuclei Detection and Segmentation for Computational Pathology Using Deep Learning. In Simulation Conference.
- Chen, S., Li, A., Lasick, K., Huynh, J., Powers, L., Roveda, J. M., & Paek, A. (2019, December). Weakly Supervised Deep Learning for Detecting and Counting Dead Cells in Microscopy Images. In IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications.
- Liu, B., Chen, K., Seo, M., Roveda, J. M., & Lysecky, R. L. (2019, December). Evaluation of the Complexity of Automated Trace Alignment using Novel Power Obfuscation Methods. In ACM Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI, 467-470.
- Roveda, J. M., & Chen, S. (2019, Fall). High Yield and Precision Plant Production with Sensors and Microgrid Technologies. In Agriculture and Food Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Dai, C., Havey, E., Miller, J., Powers, L., & Roveda, J. M. (2018, August). A low power occlusion dose monitor for compliance to glasses wearing. In Biosensor Congress, Chicago IL.
- Geiger, J. M., Li, A., Chen, S., Roveda, J. M., & Perfect, M. M. (2018, Spring). Engaging Students Through STEM: A 21st Century Learning Approach. In Poster presented at the 2018 National Association of School Psychologists annual convention, Chicago, IL.
- Liu, B., Lysecky, R. L., & Roveda, J. M. (2018, October). Composable Template Attacks using Templates for Individual Architectural Components. In IEEE International Conference on Computer Design.
- Powers, L., & Roveda, J. M. (2018, August). A new prototype for real time, time resolved nanosecond fluorescence lifetime measurements. In Biosensor Congress, Chicago IL.
- Valdez, H., Reeves, K., Zhang, N., Rahman, T., Powers, L., Martins, T., & Roveda, J. M. (2018, August). Using wearable sensors and music to build a stress intervention system. In Biosensor Congress, Chicago IL.
- Li, A., Roveda, J. M., Quan, S. F., Chen, S., Powers, L. S., Perfect, M., & Quan, S. (2017, Spring). Dream Sweet Dreams: A New Framework for Sleep Tracking and Body Change Prediction”, Keynote, Simulation and Modeling for Medical Systems. In ACM simulation series; Virginia Beach, VA, 49, 106-107.
- Powers, L. S., Hall, P., Fairbanks, J., Nasibulin, R., Zhang, Y., & Roveda, J. M. (2017, April 17-21). Low Power Real-time Data Acquisition using Compressive Sensing. In SPIE Defense+Commercial Sensing.
- Roveda, J. M., Slepian, M. J., Perfect, M. M., Quan, S. F., & Rahman, F. (2017, Feb). Embedded systems in Medical devices and their integration with medical data, EMR and Big Data. In International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics (BHI).
- Fink, W., & Roveda, J. M. (2016, Aug. 14). Spatial and Temporal Model for Infectious Disease Prediction Considering Human Mobility. In Military Health System Research Symposium.
- Roveda, J. M., & Fink, W. (2016, April 17-21). System Perspectives for Mobile Platform Design in m-Health. In SPIE Defense+Commercial Sensing.
- Roveda, J. M., & Fink, W. (2016, Aug 14). Modular Low Power Wearable Sensors for Physiological Monitoring Throughout the Continuum of Combat Care. In Military Health System Research Symposium.
- Roveda, J. M., Neifeld, M. A., & Thamvichai, R. (2016, Sept). The Subthreshold Design for the Computation in Graphic Interface. MURI Optical Science. Tucson Arizona: ONR.
- Fink, W., & Roveda, J. M. (2015, n/a). Environmental Impact of Infectious Disease Propagation. 2015 Defense Energy Innovation Summit.
- Chen, K., Fink, W., Lane, R., Allen, J., Vanuk, J., & Roveda, J. M. (2015, April). Identify Invariant Patterns in ECG and Respiratory Waveforms (Invited Talk). Biomedical Engineering Conference 2015 by Omics International group, Philadelphia PA.
- Wang, C., Xu, Z., Ren, K., & Roveda, J. M. (2013, march). OIRS: Outsourced Image Recovery Service from Compressive Sensing with Privacy Assurance. Annual Network & Distributed System Security Symposium.
- Wang, M., & Perfect, M. (2012, september). Measured Health and Life: VLSI Designs for Future Mobile Health. Mhealth and Mobile Matters Symposium.
- ICCD Best Paper Award
- October 2018, Fall 2018
- ACABI Fellow
- October 2017 to October 2018, Fall 2018
- Graduate Student Interface Award
- The University of Arizona, Summer I 2017
- Da Vinci fellow
- College of Engineering, Univ. of Arizona, Spring 2017
- TRIF Link Award
- Univ. of Arizona, Fall 2016
- Featured on Fox news Tucson
- Fox News, Fall 2015
- Featured on UA news
- UA News & ARIZONA Engineer Online, Fall 2015
- Best paper award
- Journal of Clean Energy Technologies, Summer I 2013