Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Nima Toosizadeh is assistant professor of the Department of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering, with a co-appointment within the Division of Geriatrics, General Internal Medicine and Palliative Medicine in the University of Arizona College of Medicine.
- Ph.D. Industrial and Systems Eng
- Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
Wearable sensors, Gait and Balance, Aging, Frailty, Cognitive impairments
BME 492 (Spring 2018)
Bme Student Forum
BME 696C (Spring 2018)
BME 696C (Spring 2017)
Intro to Biomechanics
BME 214 (Fall 2017)
Biomedical Engr Seminar
BME 696A (Fall 2017)
BME 696A (Fall 2016)
AME 566 (Fall 2016)
AME 466 (Fall 2016)
BME 566 (Fall 2016)
BME 466 (Fall 2016)
- Joseph, B., Toosizadeh, N., Orouji Jokar, T., Heusser, M. R., Mohler, J., & Najafi, B. (2017). Upper-Extremity Function Predicts Adverse Health Outcomes among Older Adults Hospitalized for Ground-Level Falls. Gerontology, 63(4), 299-307.
- Parvaneh, S., Mohler, J., Toosizadeh, N., Grewal, G. S., & Najafi, B. (2017). Postural Transitions during Activities of Daily Living Could Identify Frailty Status: Application of Wearable Technology to Identify Frailty during Unsupervised Condition. Gerontology, 63(5), 479-487.
- Toosizadeh, N., Berry, C., Bime, C., Najafi, B., Kraft, M., & Mohler, J. (2017). Assessing upper-extremity motion: An innovative method to quantify functional capacity in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. PloS one, 12(2), e0172766.
- Toosizadeh, N., Wendel, C., Hsu, C. H., Zamrini, E., & Mohler, J. (2017). Frailty assessment in older adults using upper-extremity function: index development. BMC geriatrics, 17(1), 117.
- Gill, S. V., Walsh, M. K., Pratt, J. A., Toosizadeh, N., Najafi, B., & Travison, T. G. (2016). Changes in spatiotemporal gait patterns during flat ground walking and obstacle crossing 1 year after bariatric surgery. Surgery for obesity and related diseases : official journal of the American Society for Bariatric Surgery, 12(5), 1080-5.
- Lei, H., Toosizadeh, N., Schwenk, M., Sherman, S., Karp, S., Sternberg, E., & Najafi, B. (2016). A Pilot Clinical Trial to Objectively Assess the Efficacy of Electroacupuncture on Gait in Patients with Parkinson's Disease Using Body Worn Sensors. PloS one, 11(5), e0155613.
- Mohler, M. J., Wendel, C. S., Taylor-Piliae, R. E., Toosizadeh, N., & Najafi, B. (2016). Motor Performance and Physical Activity as Predictors of Prospective Falls in Community-Dwelling Older Adults by Frailty Level: Application of Wearable Technology. Gerontology, 62(6), 654-664.
- Thiede, R., Toosizadeh, N., Mills, J. L., Zaky, M., Mohler, J., & Najafi, B. (2016). Gait and balance assessments as early indicators of frailty in patients with known peripheral artery disease. Clinical biomechanics (Bristol, Avon), 32, 1-7.
- Toosizadeh, N., Harati, H., Yen, T. C., Fastje, C., Mohler, J., Najafi, B., & Dohm, M. (2016). Paravertebral spinal injection for the treatment of patients with degenerative facet osteoarthropathy: Evidence of motor performance improvements based on objective assessments. Clinical biomechanics (Bristol, Avon), 39, 100-108.
- Toosizadeh, N., Joseph, B., Heusser, M. R., Orouji Jokar, T., Mohler, J., Phelan, H. A., & Najafi, B. (2016). Assessing Upper-Extremity Motion: An Innovative, Objective Method to Identify Frailty in Older Bed-Bound Trauma Patients. Journal of the American College of Surgeons, 223(2), 240-8.
- Toosizadeh, N., Najafi, B., Reiman, E. M., Mager, R. M., Veldhuizen, J. K., O'Connor, K., Zamrini, E., & Mohler, J. (2016). Upper-Extremity Dual-Task Function: An Innovative Method to Assess Cognitive Impairment in Older Adults. Frontiers in aging neuroscience, 8, 167.
- Toosizadeh, N., Stocker, H., Thiede, R., Mohler, J., Mills, J. L., & Najafi, B. (2016). Alterations in gait parameters with peripheral artery disease: The importance of pre-frailty as a confounding variable. Vascular medicine (London, England), 21(6), 520-527.
- Yen, T. C., Toosizadeh, N., Howe, C., Dohm, M., Mohler, J., & Najafi, B. (2016). Postural Balance Parameters as Objective Surgical Assessments in Low Back Disorders: A Systematic Review. Journal of applied biomechanics, 32(3), 316-23.
- Parvaneh, S., Howe, C. L., Toosizadeh, N., Honarvar, B., Slepian, M. J., Fain, M., Mohler, J., & Najafi, B. (2015). Regulation of Cardiac Autonomic Nervous System Control across Frailty Statuses: A Systematic Review. Gerontology, 62(1), 3-15.
- Toosizadeh, N., Lei, H., Schwenk, M., Sherman, S. J., Sternberg, E., Mohler, J., & Najafi, B. (2015). Does integrative medicine enhance balance in aging adults? Proof of concept for the benefit of electroacupuncture therapy in Parkinson's disease. Gerontology, 61(1), 3-14.